Should I bring anyone with me to my appointments?
Yes, we encourage your family to be involved in your preparation and ask that you bring a family member to your appointment for our pre-operative education class and pre-testing.
What does the orientation program involve?
During our orientation program, the orthopedic nursing staff will review the following:
- Getting ready for surgery
- What to bring to the hospital
- Types and uses of different post-operative equipment
- Pain management
- Physical therapy activities
- Daily goals during your post-operative recovery
- Prevention of blood clots
- Fall Prevention Program
- Leaving the hospital
- Resources available to you