Your Procedure Day
Before arriving at Memorial Hospital Belleville on the day of your procedure, there are certain things you should do to prepare.
- Shower or bathe with antiseptic solution. Please follow the Bathing Instructions Sheet.
- Do not eat or drink (as instructed by the anesthesiologist).
- Take your medications as instructed by the Admission & Testing Center (ATC) staff.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Remove all makeup, including lipstick, mascara, and nail polish.
- Remove all jewelry and contact lenses.
- Bring your glasses, dentures, hearing aids, and C-Pap machine (if you use one at night) on the procedure day.
- Bring all your medications in properly labeled containers.
- Do not bring any valuables (money, wallet, purse, jewelry).
Be sure to arrive at Memorial Hospital Belleville at the time indicated by the ATC nurse or as directed by your physician.
Remember to bring:
- A parent or legal guardian if patient is under 18 years of age.
- Someone to accompany you, so they can drive you home.
- A copy of your Advanced Directive or Living Will, if you have one, to be placed in your permanent medical record.
- Your insurance card and driver’s license (if you have not been pre-registered).
Friends and Family
Family and/or friends may wait with you in your room until your procedure. Please limit the number of family and friends to two or three.
While you are having your procedure, your family and friends may wait in the Outpatient Surgery Visitor’s Lounge. If your family and friends leave this area, it is important to inform the staff at the desk.
Wireless Internet is available in the Outpatient Surgery Visitor’s Lounge.