Belleville Emergency Department
Memorial Hospital Belleville is home to an award-winning emergency department staffed by emergency physicians registered nurses certified in trauma and emergency.
With two triage rooms, a bay area, and 37 beds, we're well-equipped to provide high-quality emergency care when you need it. In addition, we have a helipad on the north side of the parking lot. We also have a decontamination area with a large shower area for emergency patients.
Kids aren’t just small adults!
With age-specific developmental needs and weight-based treatments, it’s important to have experienced pediatric nurses and physicians who know children – inside and out – and kid-sized equipment. Kid-friendly amenities also help make your child’s experience a little bit less scary at Memorial Belleville.
We care for pediatric emergencies including:
- Minor injuries
- Asthma and respiratory illnesses
- Belly pain
- Broken bones
- Cuts, scrapes and sprains
In cases where more specialized care is required, the team will quickly arrange for transport to St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Accreditations and Designations
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Chest Pain Center
- Southwestern Illinois Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Resource Hospital and the Regional Hospital Coordination Center
- Memorial Hospital Belleville is the only Metro East hospital designated as a Magnet®-recognized organization by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, so you can count on our team to be focused on excellent patient outcomes and experiences.