Memorial Hospital Belleville wants your stay with us to be as pleasant as possible.
Our attention is focused on you, and meeting your needs is our first objective. It’s all part of our mission to provide exceptional care and compassionate service.
Upon admission, you will receive an identification bracelet. It is vital in assisting Memorial Hospital Belleville’s personnel in correctly identifying you.
Your care providers should ask you your name and date of birth before you are given medications, treatments, or procedures, and they will make sure your answer matches your ID band. It is okay to remind your care providers if that is not done.
If you have eyeglasses, contact lenses, dentures, or a hearing aid, please keep these items in the bedside table when not in use.
Because of fire and safety hazards and accreditation standards, personal electrical equipment is not permitted at the hospital. Exceptions include electric razors and blow dryers. Battery-operated items are permitted. We are not responsible for lost personal items.
We ask that you leave large amounts of money, credit cards, and valuables at home. If this is not possible, please ask your nurse to have them deposited in the hospital vault. Memorial Hospital Belleville is not responsible for money or valuables kept in your room.
We ask that you not record or photograph patients, staff, employees, medical staff, or visitors without their permission.
The call button on your bedside control signals the nurses’ station. Press the button, and when your call is answered, state your request in a normal speaking voice. The TV remote control and overhead light controls are also located on your bedside control. Your nurse will demonstrate how the controls work.
Memorial Hospital Belleville offers a variety of equipment to meet the needs of patients with communication barriers. Please express your communication needs to staff so that we can provide accommodations to you during your stay.
A complimentary copy of the local newspaper is available upon request Monday through Sunday. Newspapers also can be purchased in the Gift Shop.
With the exception of ICU, there is a telephone on each patient’s bedside stand.
- For any telephone assistance, dial “0.”
- Family members and friends can call your room phone directly between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. Just dial “257-4” plus your three-digit room number. For example, the telephone number in Room South 101 is 257-4101.
- For patients admitted to the Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU) rooms, the direct telephone number is “257-48” plus the two-digit room number. For example, the telephone number for IMCU Room 18 is 257-4818.
- Your family and friends may dial the main Memorial Hospital Belleville phone number at (618) 233-7750, and the hospital operator will direct the call to your room.
- To call a nursing unit from outside the hospital, dial (618) 25 and the five-digit extension.
Nursing Unit Phone Numbers
|Labor and Delivery||75850|
To allow uninterrupted sleep for you and other patients, outside calls made to patient rooms between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m. are routed to Memorial Hospital Belleville’s main switchboard.
- For local calls, dial “81,” and then dial the desired number.
- Long-distance calls must be placed as collect, using a calling card, or billed to your home number. This can be done by dialing “81” + “0” and providing the outside operator the needed billing information.
- For 800 numbers or calls to local cellular phones, dial “0” and ask the hospital operator for assistance.
- Text Telephone equipment is available for use by persons who are hearing impaired. If you need this equipment, please contact the nursing staff who will make arrangements to accommodate your needs.
Memorial Hospital Belleville provides television sets with pillow speakers and remote controls. A list of available channels is provided. Televisions are equipped with Closed Caption capability, and the staff can activate this feature for you at any time. Ear phones are available upon request.
Channels to Know
- Program Guide - Channel 7
- Educational TV (access by dialing 4444 on your phone and entering the video number) - Channels 22-27
- Bulletin Board - Channel 28
- Relaxation/Music - Channel 29